Video marketing has taken the world by storm. 79% of marketers who do not use video marketing plan to incorporate it into their marketing strategies as soon as possible.
Video marketing uses videos to promote your products and services to your target audience. It leverages the engrossing power of videos to increase your web traffic and customer engagement. Additionally, it educates your customers and helps them make informed purchasing decisions.
Leverage Video Marketing With PlayStory!
Start your free trial now.
Moreover, video ads are more memorable than written content or images as people can recall more details they watched in a video rather than what they read in a blog. Videos also garner more attention than images do. And we can easily see that in the resounding success of TikTok and Instagram reels.
In this blog post, we will provide you with some video marketing statistics that will prove the effectiveness of video marketing. We are sure that they will further convince you to join the bandwagon!
Table Of Contents
Why Is Video Marketing Effective?
Video marketing has been on the rise lately. And there are many reasons to attest to the popularity of videos. Some of the key reasons are given below-
- People love watching videos
The official YouTube blog stated that users watch over a billion hours of videos every single day. Additionally, Twitter said that video views reach as high as 2 billion views every day on its platform.
- Video content is easier to digest
People can grasp concepts better through videos. Video content is better for memory retention purposes, too. People recall something they watched in a video more easily than something they read in a blog. Videos have a pace and cadence that take little to no effort to follow.
- Videos are great for SEO purposes, too
Google normally puts videos right at the very top of search results. Therefore, marketers prefer making and uploading videos with optimized keywords in their title. SEO-optimized videos can bring many prospective customers to discover your content.
- Video content is versatile
You can use videos to market almost any product or service in multiple innovative and personalized ways. Moreover, there are different video streaming platforms where you can upload your videos to reach your target audience.
- Videos have a good return on investment (ROI)
In a survey, 83% of respondents stated that videos gave them a good ROI. On top of that, video making has never been easier as it is now. With several tools at your disposal, you can make high-quality videos with little to no effort.
Video Marketing Statistics
Let’s look at these video content marketing statistics –
- 54% of consumers want to watch more video content from a brand they support.
- 86% of marketers utilize video marketing to market their products.
- 86% of marketers state using videos helped them gain better traffic to the website they made.
- 92% of marketers consider videos as an important aspect of their marketing strategies.
- You can increase your conversion rate by up to 80% if you include a video on your landing page.
- 79% of marketers surveyed back in 2021 stated they plan to use videos as a marketing tool from 2022.
- The most common video type used for marketing is the explainer video.
- 93% of video marketers state they have gained a new customer due to a video of their product on social media.
- 96% of consumers use videos to learn more about products or services.
Video Consumption Statistics
Let’s get into these video marketing facts about video consumption –
- ⅓ (one-third) of all online activity consists of watching videos.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos with great interest.
- People upload more video content in 30 days now than what content major US TV networks have put out in the last 30 years.
- People consume 16 hours of video every week on average.
- Men spend 40% more time watching video content than women.
- 75% of viewers prefer to watch horizontal videos over vertical videos.
- 2-minute long videos get the most engagement by people.
- 92% of viewers watch videos with the sound off.
- 50% of viewers reply on video captions while watching videos.
- Interactive videos hold a completion rate of 90%.
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds have 50% retention rates.
- 65% of viewers skip online ads while viewing videos.
Here are some video content statistics from the consumer’s perspective –
- People watch 16 hours of video content in a week, on average.
- The average amount of video viewing hours has increased by 52% in the past two years.
- 64% of consumers make purchases after watching a branded video.
- Message retention rates are 95% when it comes to videos, as compared to 10% of written messages.
- 86% of consumers want more video content from the brands they support.
- Videos on social media generate 1200% more shares than images or written content combined.
- 82% of consumers would rather watch a live video than look at a social media post.
- 96% have looked up an explainer video to understand a product or service at least once.
- Consumers prefer video ads that are 6-10 seconds long.
Now, here are some video marketing facts from the business’s point of view –
- Marketers using videos generate revenue 49% faster than those not using videos.
- 87% of marketers use video content.
- 51% of marketers worldwide state videos are the best content type to generate ROI.
- 84% of marketers say videos help them generate leads.
- 87% of video marketers state it has helped them get a positive ROI.
- The most popular video types used by video marketers are – explainers videos (72%), presentation videos (49%), testimonial videos (48%), sales videos (42%), and video ads (42%).
- Shoppable videos have higher conversion and click-through rates than display ads.
Video Production Statistics
Here are some facts about video marketing related to video production –
- 76% of marketing teams have invested in video production in the last three years.
- 62% of video marketers plan to spend under $2,500 on their upcoming videos.
- 10% of video marketers plan to spend around $10,000 on their coming videos.
- 37% of companies exclusively create video content in-house.
- 23% of video marketers hire freelancers to produce videos for them.
- 14% of marketers hire a production company to make videos.
- 42% of marketers surveyed say creating video content through an outside agency has resulted in better videos.
- 69% of marketers say their firm owns the production equipment required to create video content.
- 31% of brands publish two to four videos per month.
- 65% of marketers say that production (filming, lighting, and audio) is the most expensive part of the video creation process.
Video Marketing Statistics for Social Media
Social media has now become the most favored platform for video marketing. Marketers have started to use different platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook as their marketing avenues. They upload video ads and branded video content onto these platforms and gain massive traffic from them. And why would they not? The number of active users on these platforms have increased exponentially these past few years. And numbers don’t lie.
Let’s take a look at some video content marketing stats to assess the performances of these social media platforms-
Here are some video marketing statistics related to Facebook –
- Keep their video lengths at 2-5 minutes to gain more engagement on your Facebook videos.
- Facebook accounts with over 100,000 followers upload 71% of all video content.
- There has been a 50% increase in the viewership count of Facebook Live videos in 2020.
- Facebook’s global daily user base is somewhere around 140 million.
- Facebook’s user base spends around 26 minutes per day watching video content on that platform.
- 84% of video marketers use Facebook as one of their main marketing channels.
- 75% of businesses marketing on Facebook leverage video ads.
Here are some video marketing statistics related to Twitter –
- 82% of Twitter’s user base watch videos on that platform.
- Mobile phone users contribute to 90% of Twitter’s video views.
- Tweets with videos in them get 10x more engagement than those without.
- The Twitter video watch time increased in count in 2020 as compared to 2019 in all categories.
- Video watch time on Twitter increased 72% from 2019 to 2020.
- Twitter video ads save more than 50% on cost per engagement.
- 45% of Twitter users want to watch more celebrity videos.
Here are some video marketing statistics related to Instagram –
- 77% of video marketers have used the IGTV feature.
- 60% of videos on Instagram stories are watched with the sound on.
- 1 in 4 consumers have made a purchase decision after discovering it through Instagram.
- ⅓ (one-third) of the most watched Instagram stories were from business accounts.
- Posts with videos receive 2x as much engagement as other posts on Instagram.
- You can increase your viewership by 83% by using Instagram Story stickers.
- 7 out of 10 users swipe up to access links embedded in Instagram stories.
Impact of COVID on Video Marketing
COVID-19 has had an impact on businesses worldwide. Firms had to alter their marketing strategies to be able to cope with the pandemic. Even now, COVID-19 continues to mold both personal and professional lives. Businesses worldwide still face new, unprecedented challenges every day. Such challenges make them spend time and resources to discover new methods of marketing strategies which will captivate their audiences.
And as you have already seen above, one such marketing strategy is video marketing. A lot of marketers have started harnessing the power of video marketing to enhance their campaigns. In fact, it was even predicted back in 2020 that an estimated 82% of all content creation would be video by 2022.
66% of businesses have used video to communicate with their key stakeholders during COVID-19. These stakeholders include their customers, investors, partners, and employees.
Video ads, branded videos, how-to tutorials, informative videos, explainer videos – marketers have used virtually all forms of video content to enhance the marketing experience of their customers. Social media platforms serve as the key channels of marketing nowadays. With the conception of capsule video features like Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts, marketers have the opportunity to capture the attention of their audiences in just a few seconds.
Even from the consumers’ perspectives, video marketing is preferred over any other type of content marketing. Videos are easy to digest, dynamic, and appeal to the audience better. And consumers invest more of their time in watching videos than they do in reading written content. In fact, 99% of consumers say they have watched more video content due to the COVID pandemic.
Time is of great essence here! This is a great opportunity to harness the power of video marketing yourself and gain a broader audience that you must not miss!
Statistics Related to The Future of Video Marketing
Let’s look at some video marketing statistics that point to the future of video marketing –
- Video marketing continues to rise as a leading marketing tool, 9 out of 10 companies use videos.
- In 2022, 82% of all consumer internet traffic is composed of videos. The number is expected to rise in the coming years.
- The above statistic regarding consumer internet traffic has shown a 15x rise in number from 2017.
- 59% of executives prefer video over text.
- Video consumption on mobiles increases by 100% every year.
- Facebook’s video promotions are as popular as its photo promotions now.
- Marketers increase their digital video budgets by 25% every year.
- Video marketers receive 66% better-qualified leads per year.
- Percentage of marketers stating videos are an important aspect of their strategies rose from 82% (2017), 85% (2018), 91% (2019), and finally to 92% (2020).
- Even in 2022, video remains a top priority for marketers. The percentage of marketers stating videos being integral to their strategy rose to a staggering 93% in 2022.
- 96% of marketers plan to increase or maintain their current video marketing budgets.
- 91% of marketers think that video has become an integral part of marketing after the global pandemic.
Harness the Power of Video Now!
After looking at all these video marketing stats, we are sure that you now understand just how important video marketing is. The effectiveness of video marketing is very clearly reflected in today’s marketing world. And we can crunch these numbers all day to show you how video content has become an indispensable element of the present.
It is now your chance to leverage the tool of video marketing and emerge as one of the leaders in the marketing world. Video is the future of content marketing, and only those who know how to use it will succeed. Take your marketing campaigns to the next level with videos!
Video marketing is immensely effective because video content is 12 times more successful in engaging the target audience than most other formats. This is one reason why more people turn to video content.
86% of the marketers claim that they have generated more leads with videos. Additionally, 81% say that their sales increased with the help of videos and 94% feel that they increase product knowledge.
Here’s what you should know about video marketing in 2022,
1. Video content is the favorite of all internet users.
2. There’s a tremendous increase in demand for videos.
3. Videos are the best for marketing and lead generation.
4. Videos influence purchase decisions.